Monday, April 18, 2011

Wrestling Match

Hulk Hogan; the Hulkster ruled professional wrestling for two entire decades. Possessing incredible charisma and physical stature he helped transform wrestling from a niche pastime; spread out over several regional promotions to a mainstream brand of entertainment. Hogan’s marketability and appearances in movies and television helped turn the WWE into a billion dollar industry and paved the way for today’s high paid stars and elaborately produced shows. His in-ring ability; however left much to be desired, as he is widely regarded as a below average wrestler. Nevertheless Hogan rarely lost a match, even into his 50s. Hulk Hogan is said to have been the greatest wrestler thus far.
I would like to take a second look at this wrestling thing and see if the Hulk can hold up to whom I believe to be the greatest wrestler. His name was Jacob and his wrestling match lasted all night. Genesis 32:24  And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day. Now Jacob didn’t win a belt to wave in the air but what he got was much, much better than any belt. Jacob didn’t wrestle in front of a great crowd; as a matter of fact no one knew that there was even a match going on. When the sun came up in the east that next morning Jacob had a hip that was out of joint. That wrestling match that night changed the way he would walk for the rest of his life; that wrestling match changed him forever. Jacob had a different walk and a different name. Have you ever had an experience that changed you? Maybe you saw something that had frightened you so that it changed the way you had been doing a certain something. Maybe you became convicted of the wrongs you had been doing and felt you needed to ask the Lord to forgive you. So you bowed your head and asked the Lord for forgiveness and for Him to come into your heart and He did just that. Now you can say the with the song writer

I thought that number one would surely be me,
I thought I would be what I wanted to be.
I thought I could build on life's sinking sand,
But I can't even walk without You holding my hand.

I thought I could do a lot on my own,
I thought I could make it all alone;
I thought of myself as a mighty big man,
But I can't even walk without You holding my hand.

Lord I can't even walk without You holding my hand.
The mountain's too high and the valley's too wide.
Down on my knees, I learned to stand.
Because I can't even walk without You holding my hand.

I think that I'll make Jesus my All,
From now on when I'm in trouble, on Him I will call;
If I don't trust Him, I'll be less than a man,
You see I can't even walk without You holding my hand.

Lord I can't even walk without You holding my hand.
The mountain's too high and the valley's too wide.
Down on my knees, I learned to stand.
Because I can't even walk without You holding my hand.
 So how is your walk; any different than it has ever been? Maybe you need to be in a wrestling match like Jacob and come out a changed person. Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment