Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Who Are You

When I was in my teens I heard people saying they were going to find themselves. I never really knew what that meant and I never remember anyone coming back and saying “well I found myself.” Most would go off ruin their lives with loose living and when or if they returned they had not found themselves. That brings me to a question what if you were asked this question; I want you to tell who you are without saying anything about the company you work for, the position you hold or anything about your work. It’s easy to say “well I am president, director, doctor of such and such and I have worked here for the last however many years. Could we answer without referring to our work or position? Paul tell us about having confidence in our flesh
Philippians 3:4  Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more:
Philippians  3:5  Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;
Philippians 3:6  Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless. Paul says as far as the flesh is concerned I was something else; but in the next verse Paul says all that stuff is nothing but a crutch and a hull of who I was.
Philippians 3:7  But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ. Count loss?
Philippians 3: 8  Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, (refused) that I may win Christ,
Philippians 3: 9  And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:
Philipians 3:10  That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;
Paul says all that important sounding stuff is worthless in comparison to the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord. I want to found in Christ Jesus not my righteousness he says that I might know Him. So how would you and I answer the question “who are you without the place we work, the position we hold or the place we park our car, who are you? Paul says if we know the Lord Jesus Christ then here is who we are
Galatians 3:26  For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. And John says it this way
1John 3:2  Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
So who are you? How would you answer? 

No comments:

Post a Comment