Friday, April 22, 2011

They Came, They Found

Upon the first day of the week; I love hearing those words. There is something else that excites me and those are these words “they came ”and “they found” they came to find their Master in his grave clothes, they didn’t expect to see angels in their shining garments. These women had questions of concern for they said one to another ”who shall roll us away the stone from the door of the sepulchre?” Little did they know that the stone had already been rolled away; not to let Christ out but to let them in. To their great surprise Jesus wasn’t there; is that not the way many go to their place of worship not expecting anything unusual to happen? All our mistakes in religion spring from ignorance or forgetfulness of the words Christ has already spoken. I went to dear friend’s funeral on yesterday he was 82 years 9 months and 25 days old. I don’t know how many tried to win this man to Christ; I tried, my associate tried more than once we talked with him about giving his life to Christ. We would ask him if he died today where would he spend eternity. He would say I’d go to hell and then we would say ask God to save you? But he never did. Then one night in a revival meeting on a Friday night he made his way to an old fashioned altar his Pastor met him and asked him what he needed and he said a Savior. That night at age 80 he asked God to forgive him of his sin and became a child of the King. He had always been a humble man, never did you hear any unkind words come from his lips. Hard work never scared him, his hand were worn and rough from all the days he spent in the fields plowing the mules, picking the cotton, splitting the fire wood and if he was ever married I didn’t know anything about it; but he still needed a Savior. I was so glad the day I got the call as the voice on the other end told me about his decision; you see he too came and he found. Jesus said in
John 3:3 Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
No one has to tell me that I have been born physically I know it without a doubt; neither does anyone have to tell me that I’ve been born spiritually. I  know that also without a doubt. These eyes one day will close in death just like my friends did, but I too came and found that Jesus loved me just as I was. My friend cut it close, I’ll admit. As we celebrate the resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ let’s thank Him and Praise Him for His goodness to you and I or let’s ask Him to forgive us of our wrongs and come into our hearts and give us the free gift of salvation. Don’t you even think about laying out this Sunday for there will be something just for you down at God’s house. Oh, by the way my friend that was buried on yesterday well we just said good-bye for a short time for we will see one another again in the near future.
James 4:14  Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.
Don’t know where to go to Church this Sunday come and go with me to Victory at 88 Brand Rd. in Loganville Ga. I will be teaching in the Sanctuary at 10 am on No Need to be Discouraged This Day. See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment