Friday, April 8, 2011

Now Not Later

Wednesday morning as I was driving to a meeting; around 7:30 I crossed a small bridge and as I went across it I looked up the creek. The creek was up because of the hard rain on the night before. As I looked I saw what would have been a wonderful picture. Fog rising off the creek as it came across the rocks; what a nice picture I told myself but all I had was my cell phone which wouldn’t have given it justice. What an opportunity missed because I wasn’t ready nor was I expecting to see anything so picture worthy. I go across that bridge all the time and pay little or no attention to what’s going on in the creek. As I thought about that I asked myself do I get so use to the people I come in contact with on a daily bases that I miss the most important  things about them? Do I miss opportunities to let them speak or share what is going on in their lives? Do I miss opportunities to let my light and life shine?  Do I fail to look on the field that is ready for harvest? Is what I am doing so important that I miss what is really important? One day Jesus gave His disciples a view of what many miss seeing He told them 
John 4:35  Say not ye, There are yet four months, and then cometh harvest? behold, I say unto you, Lift up your eyes, and look on the fields; for they are white already to harvest. He said look for the time is now not later. One of the regrets I hear love ones say after someone has passed away is “I wished I would have spent more time with them.” What about when we leave the house are we really expecting to help someone? Maybe even spend time with them? Are we in such a hurry that we run right by that hurting person? The Lord taught me something a few years back that I have learned to watch for; it’s not easy but I still watch for it. I believe that every day the Lord has at least one appointment already set for me. The problem is I don’t know what time of day or when and where it will be, but He places those in my pathway on a daily bases that I may help. One night in a Burger King I was talking with a man, as we talked he told me that his life was all messed up and he asked me if I could help him. I asked him how long he had been a Christian. He told me that he had never become a Christian. I asked him if he would like to ask the Lord to come into his heart. He said that he would. There were many eating in that restaurant that night as I asked him if he would be willing to knell in this restaurant and ask the Lord to forgive him of his sins and come into his heart. He said he was willing so we both bowed our heads and knelt beside our table, as he asked the Lord into his heart. You see that was one of my appointments that day. Too many are waiting for the four months when it’s already harvest time.  Slow down this weekend and ask the Lord to place someone in your pathway that you can help and then let me know how it went. We’ll write again on Monday God Bless each and every one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment