Friday, April 24, 2009

The Crowd

When you see a crowd of people what do you see? Well, when I see a crowd they may be filling a stadium or flooding a shopping mall. When I see a crowd I see people, a herd of human beings. I see a flock of faces and that's it. As I was reading I noticed something, it's found in the book of John Chapter 10 and verse 14 -"I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep," and In verse 3 we read
"he calleth his own sheep by name" When I see a crowd I see faces with no names but when God sees faces He knows their names. Like a shepherd knows his sheep so God knows those who have given their hearts to Him. Now listen to this!
Isaiah

49:15
Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee.

Isaiah 49:16 Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; Our Name is on "God's lips and on His hands. Every Friday night men & women come to an addictions meeting. They are hoping I will say something to help with their pain. Hoping I have the answer. They are saying "I made some mistakes" I need help. I hear them saying I listened to the politicians and they have lied. The system has failed me. The minister I look to has compromised. My wife has left me or if I don't get some help I'll have to leave. What do I tell them? I start by telling them about a time when my life was much like theirs, but the sad thing is that I didn't know it. I went to a Church one Sunday morning in April, 36 years ago and heard words I had never heard. I had heard the name Jesus and the name God but never had I understood what He had really done. On that morning I gave Him my heart and I stepped out of the crowd and into His family and now my name is on His lips and graven upon the palms of His hands. Every Friday night I get to meet with some of the finest people in all the world and I get to watch God do what He did in my life over and over again. Sometimes we have to get to the bottom before we can look up. Have a great weekend and ask God to do something wonderful in someone's life tonight at the Reformer meeting.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment