Monday, April 13, 2009

Foot Prints

Role models; in an age consumed with the life of glamour many are picking the wrong role models to pattern their lives by. How about Parents? Youth Pastors? Missionaries?  Firemen? Teachers? Nurses? Doctors?   How about Jesus? Edgar Thomas was his name he had little former education, his writing were many and he used an e in the spelling of many words like you would find in old English writings. I met this man many years ago and he made a real impression in my life. He was 26 years older than I was, but we became close friends in time. But on Tuesday November 29, 2002 he went home to be with our Lord. I remember the last time I saw him. I and a friend had gone by his home to see him; he was sick and had lost a lot of weight. I remember what he told us standing there in his living room; holding his pants up so they wouldn't fall off said "boys , I got about another 20 good years and I'll be back preaching before long." He was 77 years old then, what a great attitude to have. Well he didn't make another 20 years but what the Lord allowed him to do that day was put in my mind his thinking. What's that, you may ask? It doesn't matter how bad things look or appear or even what the doctors may tell you. Don't dwell on the negative but look ahead to the future for who knows what God will do with you. For we are in the palm of His hand and He alone knows the day He will call us Home, so why should we quit and give up? When we quit we are finish, when we don't try we are through. We need role models like that. What if your Parents had given up on you? What if that, Firemen who went in for the last time to check the burning house had not found that missing family member? What if that Doctor had not made one more test? What if that Teacher had not seen something in you that no one else had taken the time to notice? What if Jesus had stop short of Calvary, where would we be? I'm glad that God has allowed My Parents, Teachers, Doctors, and men like Edgar Thomas to leave foot prints in my life. Who has left a foot print in your life? Why don't you give them a call and thank them. If they have already left this life then thank God for allowing them to make such an impression on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment