Monday, April 27, 2009

Hanging Pictures on a Greyhound

Picture in your mind a man getting aboard a Greyhound bus headed across country. After the bus has pulled away from the station the man stands up, and begins to hang pictures on the walls of the bus. What would you think? I personally would think he was a nut! But is that not what most Christians do? James says our life is but a vapour James 4:14
Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.
The question we may need to ask ourselves is "where will we live the longest?" We may spend too much time planning life here and too little time planning for life there. In the race of this life we may lose sight of what God has for us. I believe God wants us to have rest; one only has to read Psalm 23 to see and understand that.

Rest from doing things My Way Because "The LORD is my shepherd"

Rest from Endless Wants Because" I shall not want "

Rest from Weariness Because "He maketh me to lie down in green pastures "

Rest from Worry Because "he leadeth me beside the still waters "

Rest from Hopelessness Because "He restoreth my soul "

Rest from Guilt Because "he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness "

Rest from Pride Because "for his name's sake "

Rest from the Valley of Death Because " Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: "

Rest from The Shadow for Fear "thy rod and thy staff they comfort me "Rest from Loneliness Because "for thou art with me "

Rest from Shame Because "Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies "

Rest from Disappointments Because "thou anointest my head with oil "

Rest from Envy Because "my cup runneth over "

Rest from Doubt Because "Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life "

Rest from Homesickness Because "I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever "

So what did you say was brothering you? Have a restful week.

No comments:

Post a Comment