Monday, April 6, 2009

It’s a Limited Offer

Ihave been keeping a journal for a few years now. No, it's not a journal of my everyday activity but a prayer journal. A few years ago I learned something very valuable. It all started when I learned what Jesus said in Matthew chapter six. Mat 6:9
After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. "
After this manner pray ye." This is how you should pray and the very first thing Jesus did was Praise. Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
Then Jesus talked about needs… Give us this day our daily bread. Then our sins And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. Then Protection And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen. I don't have any trouble praising God nor do I have trouble telling Him about my needs or asking for protection. Although when it comes to confessing my sins I do have trouble with that. I say well, that's not too bad and I really didn't mean it the way he or she took it. That thought; well it wasn't all that bad! Wait, wait, wait just a minute, I was thinking the other day I may not be the only one that thinks like this. Sin is sin and we must recognize it as sin. Sin is what put Jesus Christ on a cross. Sin is why His Father turned His back on His only Son. Sin is not good and there is a price to be paid for sin, the Bible tells that in Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death;
let's just say that we only sin one sin an hour. They tell us that the average life span is about 72 years. In 72 years that would mean that you would have sinned 630,720 sins. Wait, I forgot about the leap years that would be another 432 sins. Now it comes to 631,152 okay let's envision the moment we stand before God. He is perfect, heaven is a perfect place and except for the 631,152 failures on your record you are perfect. So the only thing separating you from God is a mere 631,152 imperfections or sins. I guess that would classify us as sinners and the cost is death. Wait, there is something else that Romans 6:23
says "but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." The only way to make a gift yours is to receive it. The choice is simple pay for our 631,152 sins which is death in the lake of fire or receive the gift God is offering us through Jesus Christ. It's a limited offer, for when death comes the offer is gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment