Tuesday, June 30, 2009

I am Embarrassed

I remember when I was in high school a friend of mine met a young lady and asked her for a date. She accepted but said she would meet him at a certain place. Every time they went out he would pick her up at this certain place when the date was over he would take her to her house but she would never let him walk her to the door. She would get out and walk around to the back door to go in. This went on for some time when he started getting suspicious. So one night when he let her out he watched to see where she went. He noticed that she did not go in at the house he let her out at, but went to a house a few doors down. After a while he began to ask questions but she would change the subject. Then finally one night he told her I know you don't live where I have been letting you out and then he drove her in front of her home and said this is where you live. Why are you telling me you live there when here is where you live? Then she told him this story. My dad is nothing but a drunk and I am embarrassed for you to meet him. We have nothing because he drinks it all up. Look at me my clothes are used; nice, yes, but still bought from a second hand store. Then my friend said listen to me, I am not dating you for the way you dress or where you live or even who your parents are I am dating you for who you are. As time when on he married that young lady and raised a family. Is that not the way God is? He doesn't love us because of where we might live, the way we dress or the money we may or may not have. He doesn't love us because of the family we were born into. But He does love us for who we are John 3:16 For God so loved the world, (Who's in the world? You and I are!) that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
As that young man said to that young lady," I am going to take you out of here and away from all this" and he did. That's just what Jesus told his disciples John 14:2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

John 14:3
And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
That's what the Apostle Paul told the Church at Thessalonica in 1Thessalonians 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

1Thessalonians 4:17
Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

1Thessalonians 4:18
Wherefore comfort one another with these words.
I like that "comfort one another with these words." When things look bad the child of God can have words that comfort. This isn't home so don't get too comfortable. For we aren't going to be here long; our real home is a few doors up and Jesus is going to take us out of here and away from this to a much better place than my friend did for that young lady he married. To a place where there is no need of the Sun for the Son of God will be the light. A land where we will never grow old; a land where there is no sickness or death; a home that we won't be ashamed of and a Father that we will not be embarrassed for anyone to meet. Are you looking for His Return?

No comments:

Post a Comment