Monday, February 1, 2010

Art


Our Father which art in heaven, what does that word "art" mean? I have said it for years and I had to ask myself do I really know what the word "art" means. Well I looked it up in Merriam - Webster and this is the meaning they gave:
Middle English, from Old English eart; akin to Old Norse est, ert (thou) art, Old English is.
Now read it "Our Father which is in heaven." What great value do you think that gives us? Think! It didn't say God was, God will be, God could be or even God should be,
but God is. I love it! He is the God of the present tense, He is the foundation you and I stand on and we know where He is! As I have told you in the past I love Airplanes and I love to fly. I have flown in Military Aircrafts which was lots of fun, I have flown in commercial aircrafts and it's okay but it only gets you from point A to point B. I have flown on single engine planes with some friends and that was interesting. I could sure tell you some stories; but I told you all that to tell you this. Never not one time did any of the pilots ask me can you fly? Can you flap your arms and get airborne? No! My ability to fly is not important. My strength is immaterial. I am just like you I'm counting on the plane to get me in the air and my ability has nothing to do with it. {Oh, by the way if you know anyone who has a hot air balloon and needs another passenger I'm interested.} You see my achievements are not important. My credentials are of no concern. The key question is not how strong I am but how strong is God? I must focus on His strength and not mine.

Is that not what God told Moses to do?

Exodus 3:4
And

when the LORD saw that he turned aside to see, God called unto him out of the midst of the bush, and said, Moses, Moses. And he said, Here am I.

Exodus 3:5
And he said, Draw not nigh hither: put off thy shoes from off thy feet, for the place whereon thou standest is holy ground.

Exodus 3:6
Moreover he said, I am the God of thy father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. And Moses hid his face; for he was afraid to look upon God.


Exodus 3:3
And Moses said, I will now turn aside, and see this great sight, why the bush is not burnt.

Moses turned aside to see why that bush was not burning up and being consumed. Immediately the roles are defined; God is Holy and there is not one minute spent on convicting Moses about what he can do. God tells Moses

Exodus 3:10
Come now therefore, and I will send thee unto Pharaoh, that thou mayest bring forth my people the children of Israel out of Egypt.
God knows Moses better than Moses knows Moses; I know that by the way Moses answers

Exodus 3:11
And Moses said unto God, Who am I, that I should go unto Pharaoh, and that I should bring forth the children of Israel out of Egypt?
In other words Moses said wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, just a minute here, I can't do this. No Moses you can't but God is going to do it through you. It's His strength not yours, it's His ability not yours. When Moses said who I am; I would have more than likely said something like this to him. Moses, who better than you to understand the culture than a former prince? I would spent time talking to Moses about his strength, but God is not interested about his strength just his willingness and availability for Moses wasn't the force or the mortar God is. We may all know that in our head, but do we know that in our heart? The more we know God the more we trust Him. Let me explain it like this, I knew who my wife was a long time before she became my wife. We went to the same schools but I just knew her by name and never cared anymore than that about her. But the day came many years later that I wanted to know more about her and I wanted to see her more often. Then one day I asked her to marry me and she said yes. Since that time our relationship has grown and I know her by other names like best friend, mother of our children, lifelong partner and boss { just kidding} I think you are getting the picture. The same is true with God. The more God's people came to know Him, the more names they gave Him. On tomorrow we will look at a few. Can't wait and by the way it's going to be a great week don't let anyone tell you any different.

No comments:

Post a Comment