Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Clay

Yesterday morning as I left for work I asked the Lord to let me touch some ones clay. That is a phase I learned about four years ago from my teacher of a two year counseling class that me and my wife have taken. It simply means get below the surface to the heart and touch the heart of a person. Like a lot of mornings I was running late because of an unseen task that showed up as I was leaving. I was running so late that I called my appointment and told them I was going to be late to which they said take your time. When I got there I went right to work for it looked like it was getting ready to rain. It took me about an hour to do the job and as I was writing up the invoice he came outside and we began to talk; mostly about the Lord. Then he told me that for the last six years he had been going out and knocking on doors inviting families to Church on Saturdays. Then he began to tell me what Queen Esther said.

Esther 4:16
Go, gather together all the Jews that are present in Shushan, and fast ye for me, and neither eat nor drink three days, night or day: I also and my maidens will fast likewise; and so will I go in unto the king, which is not according to the law: and if I perish, I perish.
Mordecai told Esther that the Jews were about to be killed and as soon as the King finds out you are Jewish you too will be killed. At first Esther didn't want to go in front of the King because going in front of the King without an invitation from the King meant death. Then Mordecai said these famous words

Esther 4:14
For if thou altogether holdest thy peace at this time, then shall there enlargement and deliverance arise to the Jews from another place; but thou and thy father's house shall be destroyed: and who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this?
God may have allowed Esther to be there at this time for this very reason. Esther's love was so great for her people she was willing to die. As he told me that this man who was huge in size began to weep and this is what he said "I love people and I can't stand to sit ideally by while they go to hell." Remember, I asked the Lord to let me touch some ones clay but that's not what happened. While I was sitting there with this huge man who had tears running down his face because people are going to hell, he touched my clay. God doesn't always answer our prayers the way we think or plan

Isaiah 55:8
For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.

Isaiah 55:9
For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.
It was my clay that needed to be touched I didn't know that but God did. He went on to say "it's not that we don't care for we do but until we care like Esther and our hearts are broken we will continue to keep our mouths shut and our hearts will become hardened." It was a wonderful morning the Lord had planned for me and yes I spent too much time there but sometimes you just have to stop and let the Lord have His way. For had I rushed off I would have missed out on a blessing; so what did I learn? Don't worry about later, tomorrow, next week, next month and miss out on today. Matthew 6:11
Give us this day our daily bread.
I needed that bread and then was the time; I can never go back and say ok I got the time Lord bless me now. No! We must eat when it's ready; for God knows when to feed His children.

No comments:

Post a Comment