Thursday, April 15, 2010

Stopping Short

A while back I was told where an old covered bridge was and I planned to go see it. I let time slip by me and didn't go. One day I found myself in that area; I had forgotten most of the details of where it was but I thought I could find it so off I went. I drove down the road I thought it was on but after driving a little ways I thought I should have already come upon it so I turned around and forgot it for that day. I told myself again I would try it on another day after finding the directions. Not long after that someone set it on fire and burned it up so I will never see it. If I had only traveled about ½ mile farther I would have seen it that day for I was on the right road. That reminds me of many who may have been told about the right road spiritually; how to get to heaven, how that they must realize that they are a sinner and that Jesus came to seek sinners.

Luke 9:56
For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them....

Luke 19:10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost. If we are not careful we can easily underestimate the great value of getting to know the Lord Jesus Christ as our personal savior. Jesus never came to destroy but to save by seeking those who need help and are willing to let Him come into their hearts and forgive them of their sin. The cries of today are no different than when our Lord Jesus walked the dusty roads of long ago. There was a man by the name of Bartimaeus who had two problems # 1 He was blind and #2 because of his blindness he was forced to beg.


Mark 10:46

And they came to Jericho: and as he went out of Jericho with his disciples and a great number of people, blind Bartimaeus, the son of Timaeus, sat by the highway side begging.
On this day he was in the right place at the right time for Jesus was coming right by him. What did Bartimaeus do, he asked for help!

Mark 10:47 And when he heard that it was Jesus of Nazareth, he began to cry out, and say, Jesus, thou Son of David, have mercy on me. He asked have mercy on me and many told him to keep his mouth shut, but he cried even more!

Mark 10:48 And many charged him that he should hold his peace: but he cried the more a great deal, Thou Son of David, have mercy on me. Here was a man blind and poor did Jesus really care about him? What could a blind beggar have and what could he do? Would Jesus stop?


Mark 10:49
And Jesus stood still, and commanded him to be called. And they call the blind man, saying unto him, Be of good comfort, rise; he calleth thee.
Jesus stops and tells him to come. Now what will this blind man do? Will he go? You better believe he does!

Mark 10:50
And he, casting away his garment, rose, and came to Jesus.
There it is in a nut shell Jesus came to where the blind man was. It didn't matter that he was blind and a beggar. Then Jesus calls for him. Now it's up the Blind man to come and that is where most people stop. They have no problem believing they are sinners. Most would even believe that Jesus would help them; they just refuse to go ask for help! Many who are on the right road just stop short. My friend don't stop short; it's not the Church, Preacher, Christian or Pastor; it's you stopping short. The blind man would have stayed blind had he not answered the call. My friend you have to be in the right place and around the right people to hear the call; so where did you say you were on Sunday? Just remember the enemy, thief, devil or whatever name you want to call him only wants to do three things to you

John 10:10
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy:
Make up your mind who you want to listen to! Just remember you may not hear an altar call where you've been hanging around! You may be letting the enemy steal, kill and destroy and not even realize it. That's why he is called the deceiver

Revelation 12:9
And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world:

No comments:

Post a Comment