Monday, April 5, 2010

First Impression

I was watching my grandson play baseball one night last week as I was reminded of something I already knew but had forgotten. The lesson was that first impressions aren't always correct. The ball game was won we were two runs ahead there were two outs; sure there were two base runners but what were the chances that this team would beat us for they were at the end of their batting order. Here comes this little guy to the plate as I thought to myself this boy can't hit any more than I can fly. I was already rejoicing in the soon victory. Then it happened, that little guy who I knew couldn't hit the ball just nailed it. It was a hard hit ground ball that went right through the infield out into right field; one run scores then another; that little guy who couldn't hit was headed for third base and where was the ball? Still in right field; as the ball began its way slooooowly back to the infield the little guy who couldn't hit was now almost home and yes he crossed the plate, the game is over and we lost. The little guy who couldn't hit; well he was hailed a hero and I was reminded you can't go on first impressions! Jesus was born in a manger and they said He was the Savior of mankind! First impression was how could this be He didn't look like a Savior just a baby and how in the world could a baby be a Savior? Then one day this baby who had grown got up from the dead and walked out of His tomb. Many would find this hard to believe. Then a man, a woman, a boy and a girl all claimed to have received Jesus into their hearts and He had forgiven them of their sins. How could this be? First impressions can fool you and those impressions can also be very wrong. Be careful this week when you make that first impression for that person may just be the one who will knock in the winning run.


 

1 comment:

  1. Reminds me of David and Goliath. "Is there not a cause?" I'm thinking so!

    ReplyDelete