Friday, April 30, 2010

Wonderfully

People travel to see the wonders at the height of mountains, at the huge waves of the sea, at the long course of rivers, and they pass by themselves without wondering.

Psalms 139:14
I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and
wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.
The creator of the universe is telling each of us that we weren't just made, but we were "wonderfully made." We live in a fast pace life and the faster we move the more we miss. When is the last time you've seen a sunrise or a sunset? Or took the time to watch a full moon as it rises above the trees? Have we taken the time just to notice the flowers as they bloom or a smile on a friends face? We move at a supersonic pace just trying to keep up. I read this and it just helps me to see our creator and how well He made us. In just one year, a person's heart beats 40 million times. If we live to be 70 our heart will beat a bunch of times; your car will not last that long, nor your lawn mower or anything else you have either. I think if you haven't praised God lately now would be a good time to do so. 50,000 of the cells in your body will die and be replaced with new cells, before you finish reading this blog. If that's not enough what about your nerve impulses? Did you know that your nerve impulses from your brain travel as fast as 170 miles per hour? That's why you remove that hand so fast from the hot stove. It's amazing what a wonder we are! Not only do we pass by the wonders of ourselves but we pass by the wonder of those we are around. I talked with a lady yesterday, who is quickly approaching the day of her death and this is what she told me. "I am not so much afraid of dying but I hate to leave my family." Our family is a wonder, is it not? We have children and before we can look around good they are grown. We look around at the man or woman we have been married to and wonder where the time went! We wish we had spent more time together. The wonders of life are not those snow capped mountains, not the Grand Canyon, or any of the great wonders of this world but they are the great wonders just around you; open your eyes and see for God has made you and I wonderfully. I remember when I was a child I would almost be asleep and my Dad would come and just stand there and look at me. I didn't understand what he was doing then. As a child I wondered why he would do such a thing, but when I had children of my own I did the same thing. I then knew why he was doing that for then I had learned that one day those little boys and that daughter would one day be grown. I could no longer go to their rooms and check on them, kiss them on the cheek and just admire them for God had surely made them wonderful. So it is not the job, the money, the position, nor the prestige but it's the small things that will be remembered in the minds of those we come in contact with and touch. This weekend take the time to see the wonders around you and then take the time to thank the Lord our God and praise Him for His goodness to you. See you Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment