Friday, April 23, 2010

Thanks

Thank you or just simply thanks are most powerful words but they may very well be the most underutilized. We are quick to complain and point out what's wrong if things aren't just right but slow to compliment. We are eager to find fault, but not so eager to praise and see the blessings. I took the time to look up the word "thanks" and how many times it is used in the Bible. I found it was mentioned 71 times and the first time it was used is in

2Samuel 22:50
Therefore I will give thanks unto thee, O LORD, among the heathen, and I will sing praises unto thy name.
If you take the time to read a few verses before this one you will find that David is blessing God for his Salvation and his safety as the Lord delivered him from violence. The Next time we find the word "thanks" is in

1Chroniciles 16:34
O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good; for his mercy endureth for ever.
There we find David giving thanks unto the Lord for His goodness and His enduring mercy. If you and I would learn to count our blessings then I believe that our whole life would turn around. We are taught in the gospel of Matthew to let God be first in our lives

Matthew 6:33
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
Then in the book of John we are told that without Him we are nothing.

John 15:4
Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

John 15:5
I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
I think we should say thank you Lord for you blessing on me, thank you Lord for using me; I mean after all He has done so much for us it's the least we could do .

Psalms 116:12
What shall I render unto the LORD for all his benefits toward me?
I think we need to take the time to praise Him, if you take the time you will find that the last five chapters in the book of Psalms deal with Praise. Each chapter starts off with these words "Praise ye the LORD" and if you will look they also end with the same words "Praise ye the LORD. " I think the Lord our God is looking for us His children to praise Him. So if you don't do anything else this weekend don't complain but instead compliment someone about something and encourage someone about something they have done or are doing. Then why don't you Praise God about something. Take the time to look at His many benefits toward you. Oh yes, and don't forget to go to Church this Sunday for God has something to say just to you. See you Monday and enjoy the weekend that the Lord has prepared just for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment