Thursday, June 18, 2009

Bed of Roses

I wish all in life was like being in a bed of roses; but wait it is! Roses are pretty; have soft peddles but they also have thorns! If one was to lay in a bed of roses you would have some pain and disappointment. Jacob did Genesis 42:36
all these things are against me.
Elijah prayed that he might die; 1Kings 19:4
But he himself went a day's journey into the wilderness, and came and sat down under a juniper tree: and he requested for himself that he might die; and said, It is enough; now, O LORD, take away my life; for I am not better than my fathers.

John the Baptist had his doubts Matthew 11:3
And said unto him, Art thou he that should come, or do we look for another?
Even our Lord Himself cried: "My God, why hast Thou forsaken me?" Many think they were born in the dark and must go through life in a gloomy state of mind with a depressed spirit. They gaze on the lowering clouds and hardly ever see the patches of bright blue skies and all one must do to see the blue is look up. I love what Psalms 146 says; read it with me.

Psa 146:1
Praise ye the LORD. Praise the LORD, O my soul.

Psa 146:2
While I live will I praise the LORD: I will sing praises unto my God while I have any being.

Psa 146:3
Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help.

Psa 146:4
His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish.

Psa 146:5
Happy is he that hath the God of Jacob for his help
, whose hope is in the LORD his God:

Psa 146:6 Which made heaven, and earth, the sea, and all that therein is: which keepeth truth for ever:

Psa 146:7
Which executeth judgment for the oppressed: which giveth food to the hungry. The LORD looseth the prisoners:

Psa 146:8
The LORD openeth the eyes
of the blind: the LORD raiseth them that are bowed down: the LORD loveth the righteous:

Psa 146:9
The LORD preserveth the strangers; he relieveth the fatherless and widow: but the way of the wicked he turneth upside down.

Psa 146:10
The LORD shall reign forever,
even thy God, O Zion, unto all generations. Praise ye the LORD.

While you live Praise who? The Lord! Are you happy? Happy is he that has the God of Jacob for his help. Who is helping you? Is it the Lord? Make sure you are standing in Christ! Your feelings will change but "The Lord shall reign forever." John Bunyan put it this way "I have two sorts of money. One which I deposited in the bank and the other I keep in my pocket. What is in the bank is permanent, while the other is always changing. Feelings are like coins in my pocket, always changing." So you can be feebleminded or have an attitude of ready to quit and with those attitudes you will always see the valleys. How about looking up because you're not in charge anyways and when you are looking up you see things differently and can go over the river singing!


Psa 1:1
Blessed
(Happy)
is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.

Psa 1:2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.

Who are you listening to? Where is your delight? What are you thinking about?

No comments:

Post a Comment