Monday, June 22, 2009

Learning

What would you think if you read an ad such as this, Men Wanted: For hazardous journey. Small wages, bitter cold, long months of complete darkness, constant danger, safe return, doubtful. Honor and recognition in case of success. What would be your response? Well 5000 applications were taken for a crew of 28; no this was not for the T.V. series Gilligan's Island, but for an exhibition to the Antarctic. On August 1, 1914 Sir Ernest Shackleton set sail with a crew of 28 on an exhibition to the Antarctic. Their mission was to cross the Antarctic on foot- something never done before.

Had someone told you years ago the problems and troubles that you would encounter as you went through your Christian life would you have still been willing to follow Christ? Too many times we want to have a parade going on everyday of our lives. People waving and smiling, flag flying, money flowing; in other words everything going our way. It's not going to happen! There will be hazardous, long months, bitter cold, complete darkness, constant danger; Hey, are you still in? I am! I was reading my Bible one day and this is what the Lord showed me
Philippians 4:11
Not

that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.

Philippians 4:12
I know both how to be abased, (live in poverty) and I know how to abound: (prosperity) everywhere and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.

Philippians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
Paul said he had learned which means he didn't always know. That's what the Christian life is, learning what we don't know. Peter put it this way 2Peter 3:18
But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever. Amen.
The question is are you growing? Watch out for this danger Proverbs 21:2
Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the LORD pondereth the hearts.
Get your eyes and mind on Him and He will without doubt get you through this day because He is the Author of Salvation Hebrew 5:9
And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;
He is also the Almighty which is;


Revelation 1:8
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.
He is also the Anchor of hope Hebrews 6:19
Which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and stedfast, and which entereth into that within the veil;
As you and I start this week let's have the attitude of learning and allow the Lord to teach us something this week and when He does write it down. For if you don't the thief may come and steal it away from you. John 10:10
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy:
But Jesus said "I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly."

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrre yoooooooooou reeeeeeeeady for this week? I am excited what the Lord will teach me this week!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment