Thursday, June 4, 2009

Good News, Bad News

I have you ever stopped to get a little something from a convenience store? Candy bar, coke, chips, water or gas. How did the person behind the counter treat you? With kinds words or a smile or were they a real grouch? Maybe you're the one behind the counter or someone others will meet today, how will they react? The choice is ours we can focus on being a grouch or a good news person, it is all up to you. Ask yourself this question how would I like others to treat me? We can read the newspaper and watch T.V. and get all the news off the internet. I have noticed it is mostly bad new not good. If I were to ask you if you could buy a Good News newspaper and from page to page it had wonderful inspirational stories about people overcoming adversity and doing good things for others would you read it? Now remember, if you did you couldn't complain about the bad news because you wouldn't be read about it. Now what are you thinking? Are you thinking, well I really need to know what is going on in the world I live in. Ok so you enjoy being able to complain! Remember by the choices we make, by the attitudes we exhibit, we are influencing lives every day in positive or negative ways….our family, our peers, our friends, and even strangers we don't even know. So how can we over come all the bad news? We will never be able to overcome it all but we can overcome a lot of it. Here is my attitude on bad news. I hardly ever listen to the news on the T.V. hardly ever do I read a newspaper. I don't even listen to a radio very much. How in the world do you know what is happening you might ask. Good question and here is my answer. If it's that bad someone will let me know. When the Twin Towers were destroyed I didn't hear about it from the radio, T.V. I received a phone call and they told me. That's how I find our most things that are bad. When I get up in the mornings I read my Bible that book always encourages me and enlighten me. Why I don't care how bad of a day I am having it is nothing compared to Job's! He lost everything in one day ; read about it Job Chapter 1. So I can dwell on the negative if I want but that's not what the Lord wants me to do. Psalms 145:1
I will extol (highly praise) thee, my God, O king; and I will bless thy name for ever and ever.

Psalms 145:2
Every day will I bless thee; and I will praise thy name for ever and ever.

Psalms 145:3
Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised; and his greatness is unsearchable.

Psalms 146:1
Praise ye the LORD. Praise the LORD, O my soul.

Psalms 146:2
While I live will I praise the LORD: I will sing praises unto my God while I have any being.

Psalms 147:1
Praise ye the LORD: for it is good to sing praises unto our God; for it is pleasant; and praise is comely.

Psalms 148:1
Praise ye the LORD. Praise ye the LORD from the heavens: praise him in the heights.

Psalms 149:1

Praise ye the LORD. Sing unto the LORD a new song, and his praise in the congregation of saints.

Psalms 150:1

Praise ye the LORD. Praise God in his sanctuary: praise him in the firmament of his power.

Psalms 150:2

Praise him for his mighty acts: praise him according to his excellent greatness.

Psalms 150:3

Praise him with the sound of the trumpet: praise him with the psaltery and harp.

Psalms 150:4

Praise him with the timbrel and dance: praise him with stringed instruments and organs.

Psalms 150:5

Praise him upon the loud cymbals: praise him upon the high sounding cymbals.

Psalms 150:6
Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD.
Know what I think? I think we should have an attitude of PRAISE. What do you think? Because bad things will happen with or without you.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment