Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Wise

In the Noah Webster's 1828 Dictionary the meaning of the word "wise" is Properly, having knowledge; hence, having the power of discerning and judging correctly, or of discriminating between what is true and what is false; between what is fit and proper, and what is improper; as a wise prince; a wise magistrate. Solomon was deemed the wisest man. But a man may be speculatively and not practically wise. Who wouldn't want to be wise! I mean being able to know what is true and what is false. We could look someone in the eyes and know without doubt that what they were telling us was true or either false. Who wouldn't want that gift! I'm sure you would like that; I would love to have that kind of wisdom wouldn't you? As I was reading my Bible the Lord showed me something that just jumped out at me. Let me share it with you. In Proverbs 16 and verse 23 it says The heart of the wise teacheth his mouth, and addeth learning to his lips. That is, a man that is wise in heart, as in
Proverbs 16:21 The wise in heart shall be called prudent: and the sweetness of the lips increaseth learning. His heart will teach his mouth what to say, when to say it, and before whom; he shall not be at a loss in what to say, nor how to say it; it will furnish him with words and things; My lips will say right things at the right time; wonderful, I'm ready for that you might say. Are you? Well here is how it's done. The mouth is controlled and can only speak what is going on in our hearts; Matthew 12:34……for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh. That means I am going to talk about what is going on in my heart; that's what will come out of my mouth. Ever been around someone and they say a bad word? Know why? Because that's what was going on in the heart, and they couldn't control what came out the mouth. Notice it said the "abundance" Great plenty; an overflowing quantity. Like a pool of water that gets too full, the water is going to over flow so what we talk about the most is what our heart is full of. So when our heart is full of God it will come out our mouths but not only that our heart will teach our lips and we will know when and where and how to say it. If a man or woman gets mad and goes to fussing and talking loud it is easy for you and I to do the same; it's called getting in the flesh. We were born knowing how to do that, is that the way God wants us to handle a disgruntled person? I think not because Proverbs 15:1 teaches us how we are to react A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger. What do you want to do? See who can get the loudest and say the most hurtful things? I love the next verse Proverbs 15:2 The tongue of the wise useth knowledge aright: but the mouth of fools poureth out foolishness.
The tongue of the wise uses knowledge the right way. Where does the wise get his knowledge? Simple Psalms 119:9
Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word.

Psalms 119:10 With my whole heart have I sought thee: O let me not wander from thy commandments.

Psalms 119:11 Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.

Want God to come out of your mouth? He must first be in your heart! So what are you thinking about? Has someone hurt you? Then expect bitterness and unforgiveness to come out. Thinking about you and yours a lot? Then expect to hear the pronouns like I, me and mine used a lot in your vocabulary. Well, I just want the Lord to be seen in me today and I want to spend time thinking about Him today because I realize that without Him I'm nothing and He is the one others need to see and focus on. Stop right now and lift your hands in the air and say thank you Lord for your blessings on me; it will do you good!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment