Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Slave

One of my good friends just got back of a long needed vacation with his family. Vacations are great! For a few days we get to do what we want. No phone calls, No problems, Sleep as late or get up as early as you want and then decide what will be the daily activity. It is a time when we are free from the things we become slaves to. You see not all slaves wear chains; not all slaves are sold on an auction block. Some slaves have been physically free all their lives but are slaves to guilt over those mistakes of our past, shame over what we've been, or what we've done. Yes, slaves to our dark said, our anger, selfishness, habits and patterns that we just seem powerless to break. Why you can even be a slave to religious bondages! Fears of legalisms, allowing others to have power over us making us feel inadequate and helpless without their advice. It allows them to put shackles on us. We don't need to become slaves to religion or religious leaders and we don't need to become slaves to our past what you and I need is a Liberator and the liberator we need is Jesus Christ for He comes with what could be the very best news you have ever heard. Look with me in John chapter 8 John 8:34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, (surely, surely) I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin (lives a sinful life) is the servant (salve) of sin.

John 8:35 And the servant (slave) abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever.

John 8:36 (So) If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed. (Absolutely free)

Look at these two verses John 8:32
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

John 8:36
If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

There's no religion, no spirituality, nor ritual that can liberate you from sin's shackles. The only one who can do that is the man who bought your freedom with His Blood. Mark 10:45
For even the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.
(To redeem many people)

He gave His life on the cross to take the guilt and the penalty for every wrong thing we've ever done. There is no other way to break sin's hold over us and to keep our sin from condemning us for all eternity. The line had been drawn between spiritual slavery and spiritual freedom and it runs by the cross of Jesus Christ. The question is have you ever stepped across that line and into His waiting, forgiving, healing arms? You cross that line when you say Lord I understand now that you love me so much that You died for me. You took my sin and gave me a new life in Christ Jesus and have "MADE ME FREE." What He's done for others He'll do for you because He is no respecter of persons." Act 10:34
Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:
That's how I got in the family! God didn't say this boy came from a good family and has had a good up bringing so he'll be good for my family. Oh no! That's not the way it happens at all. I was a sinner and when I realized that I asked God to forgive me and He did just that and He put me in His family and nobody can put me out. If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.
"Once like a bird in prison I dwelt, No freedom from my sorrow I felt; But Jesus came and listened to me And glory to God, He set me free, He set me free, He set me free, He broke the bonds of prison for me. I'm glory bound my Jesus to see, for glory to God, He set me free."

No comments:

Post a Comment