Monday, June 8, 2009

What Happened Friday

Well, I missed writing my email/blog on Friday not by choice. This was the first one I had missed in over six months of writing them. Let me share with you what the Lord taught me last Friday. My day started off rough; my computer crashed and I was unable to write and no way to tell anyone what had happened. Then $50.00 was missed placed; so my Friday started. I was very discouraged to say the least. I was going to have to take my computer to Best Buys and let them fix it. I was really having an awful day when the Lord spoke to my heart and reminded me of what I had just written the day before "Why I don't care how bad a day I am having it is nothing compared to Job's! He lost everything in one day. " The Lord reminded me of that. Know what I did? I started praising the Lord and singing and making melody in my heart and I soon forgot about all my troubles, for there was nothing I could do about them anyways. I changed my attitude and it changed my action. I had to run by another company and meet with a man that I do business with. As I was leaving I told him I had to run by Best Buys and take my computer and told him about it crashing. He said let me look at it, I went and got it out of the truck. He turned it on and to my wondering eyes the computer came on and this is what it said; "windows has solved your problem." I was already in the praise mode and I just shouted out and said "well just praise the Lord for He is good, all the time He is good! My Pastor taught me that; just thought I would share that with you it might just help you some day. Man was I excited that computer screen might as well have said "The Lord has solved your problem." He's the one that did. But my day was not over yet there was more to follow. Later that day I went in one of my customers home and as I entered her kitchen I sensed something was wrong then she told me that her husband had just passed away May 6. I went about my work and when I was finished I sat down with her for a minute just to talk. As I talked with her the Lord impressed on me to have a word of prayer with her, I did and she was more than thankful. Then I told her "Mrs. Poole you have become more of a friend than a customer and if there is anything I can do to help you please call me." What started off to be an awful day turned out to be the best day of the week and I don't have the space to tell you about the Reformers meeting that night but the Lord blessed again. He showed Himself to be real and I credit it to when I changed my attitude from poor me to how great the Lord is and began to praise Him. I have also found out two of our RU students were baptized last night. I knew one was being baptized but a second one got saved Sunday morning and both were baptized at Cross Roads Baptist Church. Don't know if that helps you but it is still helping me.

So this week when things are going wrong just change your attitude from poor me to Praising the Lord for your blessings on me. Ephesians 5:19
Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;

Ephesians 5:20
Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;
You see, it's all about Him anyways!


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment